Ultimate Travel Movies“I love waking up in the morning not knowing what’s gonna happen or who I’m gonna meet, where I’m gonna wind up.” – Jack, Titanic
We’re huge movie buffs at NomadHead. Besides actually being in an exotic location, the next best thing is to have your head stuck into a book or to zone out watching a film. Here are our picks for the most inspirational travel movies that will get you prepped for your big trip away.
General Overseas Adventures
- Eurotrip. I watched this in Belgium during a Eurotrip of my own. Real fun being able to say you’ve been to the places the characters visit.
- The Talented Mr Ripley. I want to go cavorting around Europe playing pretend like Matt Damon.
- Beerfest. An American fraternity takes on the Germans at their own game: Oktoberfest.
- The Inbetweeners Movie. The boys go to Greece.
- Into The Wild. Who needs material possessions?
- Seven Years in Tibet. Free Tibet!
- The Beach. Ultimate backpacker in Thailand movie.
- The Darjeeling Limited. Directed by Wes Anderson.
- Lost in Translation. Featuring Bill Murray.
- Cidade de Deu | City of God. Brilliant.
- El Laberinto del Fauno | Pan’s Labyrinth. The one with the freaky white monster with eyeballs in his hands.
- Diarios de Motocicleta | The Motorcycle Diaries. Che Guevara’s gap year.
- The Last King of Scotland. Forest Whittaker’s powerful performance as Idi Amin.
- District 9. That African accent.
- Hamish and Andy’s Gap Year. Hilarious Aussie guys take on the USA.
- An Idiot Abroad Season 1. “A head like a f**king orange!”
- An Idiot Abroad Season 2. “I think it’s clever how Rome have kept a load of old stuff. There’s no overheads, yet people are going over there to see it.”
- Tintin. A childhood favourite.
- Anything by David Attenborough. The man is a legend.